Tuesday, October 14, 2008

My trip to France





I've decided to start a blog for my trip to France. This will be the easiest way for me to share my trip with everyone. Hopefully I will be able to download photos of my trip, im planning on it but who knows what sort of computer hookups they have where Im going. If for some reason I cant get the photos up in Brittany, for sure ill be able to in Paris. So for now Im getting ready by doing laundry, cleaning my apartment(for the supposed subletter), packing and purchasing last minute items for the trip. I think most of you know but for those who dont, Im going to Brittany to take a course in crepe making, HA! The region I am going to is the western most part of France, on the coast, its called Finistere, which translates to "end of the earth", I love this little fact. Here's a Wikipedia blurb:

The name Finistère derives from the Latin Finis Terræ, meaning end of the earth, as does the Breton name for the region, and may be compared with Land's End on the opposite side of the English Channel. It is not to be confused with Cape Finisterre in Spain.

Right after my course I am going to Paris to meet up with Natalie, Im very excited about this, its always fun with Natalie. So I take off this coming Friday and land on Saturday. I will keep everyone updated along the way.

8 comments:

Jessica said...

HA! Crepe trip - it almost sounds like you're going on a crepe quest. That is.... a quest for the perfect crepe - which is also something I could see you doing! Love it! Have a blast!! :)

EllenMarie said...

You look AWESOME! Don't take down the pic...

Naomi said...

Have a great time Lauren, hope you got a chance to enjoy that French music I brought for you.

Bon Voyage!

violet said...

YAY! I love that you started a crepe blog! Gurrrrrl you are crazy! I'm excited for you, I think its gonna be a great trip...
Also, you look gorgeous in the pic, leave it up, you can use it as your marketing device...the Hot Crepe Lady! ha!

logblogclickclack said...

I am so excited for you, you are following your heart and i think that is courageous and amazing. I am really looking forward to eating your crepes too. As for the picture, you look beautiful.

Ann said...

This is great! Now I won't worry.
You look fab!

Anonymous said...

Have a great time Lauren!!! Get ur Haircut while ur there :) (people won't get that, but you do!!) Say hi to Natalie and keep in touch. Bon Voyage.

Unknown said...

Larn, you on a world tour! Be sure not to lose your lens cap. Love, cousin Jonathan